What We Do
At The Daimler Foundation, our purpose is to provide opportunities for individuals from every walk of life. We use our premises, and our ponies and horses, to raise the educational attainments; life-skills and employability skills; well-being and life aspirations of people of all ages who have experienced disadvantage.
We facilitate individual growth and development through a range of programmes and opportunities.
Naturally, as well as our equine therapies, employability, training and other programmes, we provide opportunities for all to participate in equestrian activities.
Although our main focus is equestrian, other sports are supported too.
Our goal is to make our services and programmes accessible to any individual regardless of ability or financial circumstances.
The Daimler Foundation’s Objectives are:
- To provide relief for those in need by reason of ill-health or disability by providing therapeutic riding sessions to people with both development and physical disabilities.
- To encourage the public participation in riding as a sport and recreational activity, to promote good fellowship amongst riders and to improve and maintain the standard of riding and horsemanship.
- To promote the welfare of horses in need of care.
This is done by:
- Organising instructional meetings, lectures and competitive events and other activities.
- Encouraging young and old people to take part in horse activities; giving them the opportunity to learn to ride a horse and benefit from this therapeutic activity and to support this activity by ensuring they can learn in a pleasant, safe and supportive environment.
- Promoting community participation in healthy recreation involving the horse.
- Promoting the prevention of cruelty, neglect or harm to horses and promoting the relief, safety, sanctuary, rescue and welfare of horses in need of care.